OUI, MADEMOISELLE

Written by Annamária ©

OUI, MADEMOISELLE 2010-2014 · SELFKATALOG 2012-2017




03 August 2011

FILMS OF THE WEEK: Planet Of The Apes, A River Runs Through It, Marathon Man, The Firm

Planet Of The Apes (dir. Franklin J. Schaffner, 1968)
With Charlton Heston, Linda Harrison, Kim Hunter.
This was a rediscovery and a must-watch-again film for me because Planet Of The Apes was my childhood's horror movie. This isolated, extinct place was scary as hell to the eyes of a seven year old girl, especially the enemy-warning monkey-bogeys when Mr. Heston enters to the ambience of apes. I must be brave because I had this on a videotape and watched million times. Anyway I'm grown up (won't say older... that'd sound so depressing) and I guess with its wonderful shots this movie never gonna go out of use, even if it seems a bit boring, a bit ridiculous and a bit mannered now, we always will love the conception that apes may get the power back and mankind sinks into slavery.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
A River Runs Through It (dir. Robert Redford, 1992)
With Craig Sheffer, Brad Pitt, Tom Skerritt, Brenda Blethyn.
I know girls, all of you has seen this and cried a lot! Of course, BRAD PITT DIES! Who could sustain that without crying?!? Not much words, it's simply beautiful in its most honest meaning - the story, the cast, the location, too. Montana is a real dreamplace to live and die at.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Marathon Man (dir. John Schlesinger, 1976)
With Dustin Hoffman, Laurence Olivier, Roy Scheider, William Devane.
Making a thriller with the idea that your hero is a marathon runner and you're actually tring to be a marathon runner so that in the end you must run like a marathon contender to save your life is great. I love runners since I run, I can feel all their pain. The pain that you enjoy. Oh, the movie? It's great, more killing, Nazis, dentists, traitors, running, more killing and more running and more excitement. Watch it kids!
Photobucket
Photobucket
The Firm (dir. Sydney Pollack, 1993)
With Tom Cruise, Jeanne Tripplehorn, Gene Hackman, Hal Holbrook.
Cool, nerves, suited. I like greedy-laywers-in-trouble ones. I'm not a Tom Cruise fan but he looks great here. By the way I know this was played in the television a hundred times before but I've never seen it "head to toe", so... it's was worth to watch at last.
Photobucket
Two more films: White Oleander and My Cousin Vinny in separate posts.

0 comment(s):