OUI, MADEMOISELLE

Written by Annamária ©

OUI, MADEMOISELLE 2010-2014 · SELFKATALOG 2012-2017




15 August 2011

FILMS OF THE WEEK: Memoirs Of An Invisible Man, Rushmore

Because of previously explained reasons I had no time to blog as I had no time to watch films. This two pieces were my selections for Monday and Tuesday, other days I just fell into my bed and watched a South Park episode while drinking my daily cocoa. By the way I'm a South Park addict, so I've seen all the episodes to the last one, You're Getting Old and I hope it won't be the end of SP as bad rumors say.
Memoirs Of An Invisible Man (dir. John Carpenter, 1992)
With Chevy Chase, Daryl Hannah, Sam Neill, Michael McKean.
Obviously Vacation's Chevy Chase was my childhood's comedy guy (THE ONE), and obviously Vacation was one of my favourite films and I've watched at least a thousand times, last some months ago. In the case of the Invisible Man I could not decide, is it for fun or serious? I know some about the background, because I've read the scriptwriter, William Goldman's book, Which Lie Did I Tell?: More Adventures in the Screen Trade who tells that Carpenter leand to a more comical way, but Chase wanted to accentuated the solitude of invisibility. Anyway, Daryl Hannah is beautiful and owns the greatest legs, and Chevy Chase IS Chavy Chase, so.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Rushmore (dir. Wes Anderson, 1998)
With Jason Schwartzman, Bill Murray, Olivia Williams, Seymour Cassel.
First thought? Annoying. I can't help it, but the main character Max Fischer (Jason Schwartzman) is so f*cking annoying to me. I've watched it in three parts at three nights, because I slept while watching, twice. Maybe that's the main problem, I was too tired and that's why I didn't enjoy this film. There were great moments, cool music and beautiful shots, really. Maybe I'm too harsh, I should watch again. What do you think?
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

0 comment(s):